Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The wonder seed: Chia!


Chia seeds have been all the rage and with good cause, they're freaking amazing. I tend to sprinkle/add chia to everything be it on top of my avocado toast, over my veggies, in my smoothie or whatever I'm eating/drinking it's probably been added for the hell of it! Kidding, it's added for the HEALTH of it! 

Check out my top 5 reasons YOU should incorporate chia seeds in your diet!

1.     It contains three times more iron than spinach and more calcium than milk
2.     Chia are the highest known plant source of Omega-3, with 8 times more than salmon!
3.     Chia seeds expand and line your stomach making you feel fuller for longer!
4.     It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (which is awesome for people with diabetes).
5.     Chia provides a slow release of energy which can sustain you for longer.

What's your favourite super food?

With love,


Char x

No comments:

Post a Comment