Monday, December 16, 2013

Healthy Recipe: Acai Smoothie ♥

So, I have a new tasty obsession. Acai Berry smoothies. If you don't know what Acai berries are they're basically a super food that taste super good! It's definitely an indulgent treat without the nasty aftermath!

I've done a bit of googling (this is one of my best skills) and created a list of the reported benefits of Acai berries:

1. Aids in heart health
2. Promotes improved skin and cellular health
3. Improves mental function
4. Gives an energy boost (which I need lately!)
5. Aids in weight loss
6. Anti-aging effects



To make it yourself all you need is:

  • Frozen Acai Berries
  • Yoghurt (I use vanilla but you could use any flavour and swap for a vegan alternative)
  • Apple juice (if I can be bothered I will juice this freshly myself)
  • Chia seeds
  • Ice (about 1-2 cups, I like it a thick consistency)
It's all guess work when it comes to the exact measurements but it leaves you with a creamy delicious smoothie that will probably have you coming back for more! This is a tasty treat that could easily be made vegan friendly!

Let me know if you try it!

Also, please feel free to follow me on Twitter and Instagram for daily updates: @char_balchin

Happy sipping!

With love,

Char x

3 comments:

  1. mmm that sounds like a delightful smoothie..I am somewhat obsessed with smoothies, the place i work at brought a Vitamix for the back room so i'm excited to use it :)

    Amber
    growlittleowl.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh definitely give it a try! It's so simple but soo tasty! You will love :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds delicious, and the fact that it's packed with all that goodness is a big bonus. We'll have to ry it out, it will be perfect chilled for our hot Australian summer!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete